Sunday, December 4, 2011

Change an Issue

At the beginning of the year 2011 I felt I would accomplish everything I set my mind to , but then came the month of February when I became depressed. I felt like I could not do anything with out being sad or remembering my rough past. I have always been a quiet reserved person when it came to things I would feel , my mom would ask me what was  wrong, I would say "nothing" because I didn't want to add on to her worries. I would always avoid conversations with my mother about my feelings because she would know something was wrong with me. Finally  I couldn't hold in my emotions any longer, I needed someone to talk to. My mom would say "Talk to me", I rejected her and replied"Just take me to see a therapist".My mother became extremely offended with my decision and eventually agreed. I found expressing my emotions to a stranger really helped me because she did not know my back round and therefore had no judgement. I finally found enough courage to open up my emotions to my mother, and found that it wasn't very difficult to talk to my mother. I discovered my real fear of talking to her  was her judgement of my feelings. Of course she didnt have any judgement, she was just there to support me and help me  out of my depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment